- What’s the best month to visit?
- Can we visit for less than a full week?
- Do you have any special reduced rate vacation packages?
- What should I pack?
- Do you have laundry facilities?
- Do you have Internet access?
- Will my cell phone have a signal?
- Do you allow pets?
- What do we do if we forget something important?
- What’s your alcohol policy?
- Do you offer babysitting?
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best month to visit?
The summer climate here at Colorado Trails Ranch is fairly consistent from June through August, just right for the perfect family vacation. You can expect temperatures to range from highs in the 80’s to lows in the mid 60’s. At our elevation, there is virtually no humidity.
If you plan your visit for September, this is premium fly fishing season. Our average temperatures at this time are in the mid-70s to mid-50s. We typically have spectacular Indian Summer weather with lots of brilliant color, as the beautiful aspen leaves are changing.
Can we visit for less than a full week?
Shorter stays can be arranged anytime space is available. There is a minimum reservation of three nights, with your arrival being on Sundays. To discover what dates are available for these mini outdoor adventure vacations, feel free to give us a call. We’d be delighted to hear from you.
Do you have any special reduced rate vacation packages?
We offer discount weeks in early June, mid August and in September for weekly stays.
What should I pack?
Our dude ranch atmosphere is definitely casual. If you have any Western style clothes, bring them along – they’ll fit right in. Naturally, some activities you will want to enjoy will have some comfort and safety requirements.
Packing for Horseback Riding:
- Jeans or riding pants
- Boots with a smooth sole and heel are required. (We have a supply of loaner boots.)
- Long sleeves, a hat, and a pair of gloves are recommended.
- Some of our guests suggest wearing an extra layer between jeans and skin to help protect from chafing. Depending on the season you will be here, packing items like tights, pantyhose, long underwear, or Lycra shorts would be a good idea.
Packing for Hiking:
- Be sure to bring your hiking boots or athletic shoes
Other Things to Pack:
- Swimsuit for the pool and hot tub. (We provide pool towels.)
- Sunscreen is a must! At 7,500 feet altitude under clear, sunny Colorado skies you will need to protect your skin. We do sell sunscreen in the Trading Post if you run out or forget.
- For Colorado summer vacations, you’ll need shorts and short sleeves for days in the 80’s and jeans with a sweatshirt or jacket for the cooler nights.
- For May or September visits, days are usually in the 70’s and nights in the 50’s. You’ll need some warmer clothes during this part of the dude ranch season.
Should you need them, you can also purchase sweatshirts, T-shirts, western hats, and caps at our ranch Trading Post.
Do you have laundry facilities?
Don’t worry about having to pack light for your flight and running out of clean clothes. We provide our guests with the complimentary use of three washers and dryers and laundry detergent.
Do you have Internet access?
Yes! You will find high-speed wireless access for your laptop in some areas around the office and some parts of the Loft gathering area in the main lodge.
For guests who don’t bring along their laptop, there is limited access to the ranch office computer for an occasional email check. We also have a computer and printer with wireless access (upstairs in the Lodge) for adults to use to check email, print boarding passes and review photos taken during the week.
Will my cell phone have a signal?
Cell phone service is very spotty on the ranch. We have a network extender allowing for cell service for Verizon around the office, trading post, lodge and opera house. There is also a landline available for our guests by the office.
Do you allow pets?
Unfortunately, because of all the animals on our dude ranch, we can’t accommodate pets. However, there’s an excellent kennel we can refer you to in town should this be needed.
What do we do if we forget something important?
Everything you could need during vacations on our guest ranch is available in Durango. We’re happy to run into town to do any errands for you first thing Monday morning. Staff can complete your shopping list at the grocery store, hardware store, drugstore… wherever you need us to go!
What’s your alcohol policy?
During the summer, we have a very family-oriented atmosphere, so we don’t sell any alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own. Or, if you’d like, we can pick up alcoholic beverages for you during our Monday morning errands, and add the cost to your bill.
Do you offer babysitting?
Our children's program begins at age 5. For children under 5, babysitters can be available with advance notice and at a charge of $9.00 an hour.
COLORADO TRAILSRANCH EXPERIENCE
A sneak peak of your dude ranch vacation experience! Actual video footage shot at Colorado Trails. See why our guest ranch offers the perfect all-inclusive vacation for family and friends.Watch now